CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Well washington can have him back...

passion

(Picture from our dating days in Utah.)

.....were my thoughts when I pulled into my work parking lot that day. Some goofball in an Explorer suv, with a Washington license plate, took "my" spot which made me have to park on the other side of the lot. That day had already gone to the pooper, as I recall. I was a grump. And had neglected to put on anything decent that morning, only to throw on some sweats and somehow managed mascara on the lashes and gloss on the lips just so I didn't look like a complete frump.

Little did I know, I would be meeting my future husband that day. That "goofball" from Washington? Ya, that was him. And in fact, unbenounced to me, he had watched me stumble out of my car from across the way, all the way up to the door of the place I worked. Well I should say we. The place where we worked. He starting that day, apparently.

The company we worked for was called Crysalis Inc. One of the best jobs I've ever had and a great job for a college student. Its what got me interested in Psychology. Crysalis is a non-profit organization that helps those with developmental disabilities work and blend in with their community better. Our title was Residential Advisor.

It wasn't until later that day we officially met. My girls had wanted to go outside to get some air. And he, come to find out later in a confession session, had seen us outside, and hurried his boys out with us as well to meet me.

When I first saw him I thought he was quite a nice site to behold. I even remarked later that evening in my journal, of how I liked his "chiseled features", and thought he could be a "Calvin Klein model" if he wanted. He was tall with shaggy blonde hair( though later he dyed it for fun so we could look like the whitestripes couple? ya, I don't get that either)But at the time I met him, my love life was confusing and frustrating and a relationship I had been in just a week prior had broken off with some feelings left of anger. I actually wrote in an entry a couple days before our meeting, that I was sick of the stupid dating scene, and dumb boys and was ready to meet my eternal companion already. I felt like even though I thought he was a looker, I was not going to get excited about the new guy and left my thoughts at that.

That night when I walked to my car, there was a note on my windshield left by him which I still have to this day. He gave me his number and e-mail( okay, at the time I was like, "e-mail? what the heck, who writes their e-mail?") and he told me he would like to take me out sometime. I was way flattered of course, but I never called the guys, so unless I saw him again, that date wouldn't happen because I wouldn't be the one calling him... or e-mailing him for that matter.

As it turned out, lucky for me, he worked again the next day. We sat outside and and talked pretty much that whole shift. The conversation flowed. In the middle of me talking, he said" do you want to hang out tonight after work?" I said "sure" and then continued on with what I was saying. It was that easy. From that first night we hung out until we married , we were together every second we could be, and I never gave thought to that guy who I was in a relationship with just a week before meeting Lance either.

I dated a lot in Provo. Its pretty easy to do with so many guys up there, but never with any other person did things flow and fall in to place so perfectly, like they did with Lance. I knew I was supposed to marry him from only a short time into the relationship. I knew he was my one. As cliche as that might sound, WOW its so true. Marriage has been such an adventure. I sit here typing with tears streaming down my face because I am so very thankful to my Heavenly Father for guiding me to him, my husband, Lance Lawrence Bowers. I had a high-school boyfriend ( not of my faith) who I was pretty nuts about at the time. But something inside continually nagged at me, never to settle for anything less than a temple marriage, and no matter what, I knew I wouldn't be able to. Ever. I knew I couldn't settle and had enough self-worth to know that I was a deserving daughter of God to receive such a gift.

Lance is my partner. My best friend. We have our moments as any married couple can.... But!! we are in this thing for the ultimate win of celestial glory. Together as team mates.

EditToAdd:
I forgot to mention the reason for this gushy love tale. Its because we became husband and wife 4 yrs ago on this 18th day of March.

3 comments:

megan&steve said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I really liked reading the love story of how you two met at work. Welcome to blogging, check us out anytime Lance misses Steve.

karligirl84 said...

I love your story, it is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute story! Happy Anniversary!

Oh and to answer your previous question :) I have a Canon 40D.

If you are wanting to start out on a digital SLR, I would suggest getting the Canon XS http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8929699&type=product&id=1214611419717

and this lens (50mm 1.8) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12142-USA/Canon_2514A002BA_Normal_EF_50mm_f_1_8.html

Photography is so much fun, I learn something new every day. Hope this helps!