CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Whidbey Island getaway..

This was my butternut squash raviolli with apples and cranberry in a sage cream sauce. YUM!

Photobucket

Here a couple pics of our banana rum creme brulee w/ plated lemon and rasberry glaze. (you would think the banana rum would be a rich desert but it was so light and delish that we finished the whole thing and we never finish a desert.) It was double good and very pretty. My camera does not do it justice.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Lance and I are major foodies. We love to cook and try new foods with differing combinations of flavors. However, because of the present economic conditions, we have not been able to eat out like we used to, but that has only made us become creative in our own kitchen.We've had some fun with that!

For the weekend we dropped Harper off at the Grandparents for his very first sleepover and Lance and I went up to Whidbey Island off of Seattle, for the night and stayed with Lances uncle Verlane. Verlane owns the building that Gordons on Blueberry Hill, the restaurant is in, so he sent Lance and I there along with his credit card--bless him. This was the second year to come to the eatery for our anniversary. And it did not disappoint!

For our appetizer we ordered the Fire Roasted Portabello mushroom topped with Gorgonzola cheese and a huckleberry glaze drizzled atop. This was our second time ordering this and it was just as good this time around. The salad was a spring salad mix with a buttermilk basil and rosemary dressing. That was okay. The salad was a little too earthy tasting for my liking. I got the butternut squash for my main and Lance got the rack of lamb. A very very tender meat. Both of our first time trying that. And then for desert the Chef Gordon brought out the creme brulee because Verlane had called and told them it was our anniversary so he made his "passion" for us, as he said. We also got to give kudos to him for the yummy food. It was a very nice romantic night which we needed.

Saturday on the drive back home we stopped at the Alderwood mall, ate some lunch at Panda express, and watched the movie " Knowing". It was not that good in my opinion, for many reasons. Then we arrived back at the grandparents by 8pm to pick up our little munchkin that we missed a ton! what a nice reunion.

Here is a pic of my boys that I just have to add in here. Even though this is from a couple weeks ago when we were up on Whidbey Island for Lances aunts funeral.

Photobucket

Sorry for the pics. Im having a hard time making the smaller so you can only see half them.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM! We love eating too. Man, food is good! I just got a new cookbook for my b-day called the Worldwide Ward Cookbook. It has recipes from Mormon's all over the place. I'm excited to start trying them out! I have way too many cookbooks...

Lance and Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lance and Jessica said...

oops on deleting that last comment..

I concur on the 'too many cook books thing'. I'm with ya. I get it from my mother.

I bet there will be some very tasty recipes in that cook book. We 'mormons' have been known to blow away taste buds with our kitchen skills around the globe. You will have to share when your attempts are a success.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Dave and I are big foodies too. We hardly ever go to places like Chili's and Applebees because we are trying out a new Indian or Mediterranean Restaurant!

Lance and Jessica said...

you reminded me Jess:)

I forgot to add an important part of the salad that made it good. The croutons were a curry flavor which went very well with the basil and rosemary buttermilk dressing!